Wednesday, May 8, 2013

My experience with the loving-kindness exercise was as I expected. I find it challenging to get really into the mediation and spiritual exercises. I have a hard time sitting completely still and focusing on things that aren't actually happening. Honestly, I do not believe I benefited much from the exercise much, but I could definitely understand where many people would feel extremely relaxed and at peace. I would recommend this exercise to someone who found mediation interesting, or wanted to incorporate this type of exercise into their daily lives.
A mental workout involves boosting brain waves and making your mind and body feel more at peace. Research indicates that meditation and other forms of mental workouts have shown improvement in brain cells and connections between other parts of the body. I think mediation should be incorporated in a person's life who is looking to assist their psychological health. If you have total peace of mind, what could be better psychologically and mentally?

Beth Bjorkgren

1 comment:

  1. I can understand where meditation isn't for everyone. I have a hard time with it because my mind does tend to race a lot but this is why I try even harder to calm it. i find that sometimes it is easier for me to meditate when I am walking which I know isn't the way it is supposed to be but I can calm my mind while walking especially when I walk outdoors.

    I find that mental workouts are very important. Physical activity also helps with a persons mental state. When I am going to the gym and keeping active, I feel so much better about myself. I am emotionally and mentally better off.

    Thank you for your post I enjoyed reading it.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete